Free Diamond Appraisal
For Diamond Solitaire Rings, Diamond Engagement Rings, Man Diamond Rings, Diamond Eternity Bands, Diamond Earrings & more
Free Diamond Appraisal and Diamond Valuation
Get your existing or inherited diamonds appraised for their diamond resale value or diamond insurance value
Contrary to most other jewellers who charge anything from 2-3% fee for the appraised jewellery, we offer you a free
appraisal service that provides you with a independent valuation. Rob Van Buerden, our diamond expert, is a member of Antwerp largest Diamond
Bourse and has over 20 years experience so is both fully qualified as well as being highly regarded in the Antwerp
Ironically, the jewellers who charge for appraisals are usually not so highly qualified diamond experts but are usually jewellery shops who base their valuations on the price that they would sell such an item for in their shop (rather than on knowledge of actual trade prices). There is also a danger that those that charge a fee will be tempted to inflate/over-estimate the value in order to earn the maximum appraisal fee.
In contrast, Rob Van Beurden will be able to tell you not only whether a gemstone is a genuine diamond or not but also it's quality of cut proportions, colour, clarity and carat - the four key variables that determine diamond value and price.
Overall, he can give you: a re-sale value if you are interested in selling your diamond as well as issue you with a written valuation document that you can use to get insurance cover. All valuation and appraisal advice is free - only the production of valuation documents for insurance are subject to a small fee (£100 plus VAT) to cover the cost of the written administration.
Appraisal can also help you determine when the diamond was cut as whether it is still safe in it's setting. As all metal be it platinum or gold, wears with use, jewellery should be checked at least every 6-12 months to ensure that the diamonds are still secure.
As Rob will need to examine the jewellery, you will need to book an appointment to see us in our Antwerp office (Monday to Friday only) in person as Rob is based in Antwerp. When you contact us, you need to tell us the following information:
- What is the purpose of your valuation: do want to know the value for insurance or the value for selling? We charge an admin fee of £100 for producing written valuation reports for insurance
- What item are you having valued: what shape of diamond (round, princess.etc)?
- Is the diamond loose if not what piece of jewellery and what metal (e.g. 18ct gold or platinum) is it set in?
- Is the diamond certified by a reliable laboratory i.e. GIA, HRD, IGI or AGS - if so then please send us a scan of the certificate so that we can give you an estimate via email.
- If the diamond is not certified, what do you know about it e.g. carat weight (it is impossible to measure carat weight when the diamond is set, at best we can estimate this from its diameter for round brilliant shapes but not for other shapes).
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CLOSE IN LONDON AND ANTWERP OVER THE WHOLE OF AUGUST AND BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND THE SECOND WEEK OF JANUARY EVERY YEAR IN LINE WITH THE CLOSURE OF THE ANTWERP DIAMOND BOURSES OVER THESE PERIODS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VALUATION SERVICE APPLIES ONLY TO CUT (ALSO KNOWN AS POLISHED) DIAMONDS AND NOT FOR ROUGH (ALSO KNOWN AS UNCUT) DIAMONDS.
To find our more or arrange a visit to see us, contact Dr Indira Marchant on +44 208 868 5210 or email email@example.com